Confused, want to do rafting in Ayung or Telaga waja river?
Many people say ayung is best, but some say telaga waja is better. Yes, both are true. On this page we try to help you to choose which river is best for you.
There are 3 rivers for rafting in Bali, and each river has its own uniqueness and character.
- Ayung River Rafting
- Telaga Waja Rafting
- Melangit River Rafting
Between the three locations, only 2 rivers are popular among travelers, that is Ayung river and Telaga waja river. Many travelers are confused when they want to decide whether they want to do rafting on Ayung river or Telaga waja, and this question is one of the most asked questions by our customers.
Regarding this issue, between "Ayung vs Telaga waja river which is better for Rafting" is a difficult thing to answer. Some travelers say ayung is the best, but some say that Telaga waja better than ayung.
Since there is a difference of opinion on each person, here we will not say which one is better, but we try to describe for you the advantages and disadvantages of each river, So you can decide your own which river is best for your bali rafting adventure.
Ayung River PROS & CONS
Ayung river is located in Ubud, very interesting place to visit, about 1.5 hours drive from kuta. Rafting length is about 10-12 km, or it takes about 2 hours duration rafting in the river. The water character in ayung river is more stable, where you can doing fun rafting on dry or wet session.
>> PROS Ayung River Rafting
- Location is closer, if you stay in ubud only takes 15 - 30 minutes to the rafting location
- The rapids classes are mostly class 3 and some of class 2. overall, the rapids are more challenging than Telaga Waja
- Fantastic scenery along rafting trip, such as : Big Cliffs, Waterfall, rice fields, forest, and stone carvings on some river wall areas.
>> CONS Ayung River Rafting
- From the lobby, it takes a long walk to access to the river's rafting starting point, and also from the finish point to the restaurant
>> Click here to see the details and book Ayung rafting Ubud
Telaga Waja PROS & CONS
Telaga waja river is located in Karang asem area (it is the easternmost part of the island of Bali), about 2 hours drive from kuta. Offering the longest rafting tracks than any other river, about 14 - 17 km, it takes about 2.5 - 3 hours in the river from start to finish pont.
Telaga Waja river has different water characteristics during the dry and wet seasons, where during the wet season the water flow is great for rafting and even the best, but during the dry season the water can be very shallow in some areas and this makes the rafting activity unpleasant for some people.
>> PROS Telaga Waja River Rafting
- Offers the longest rafting track, approximately 14 - 17 km
- Easier access at start and finish point (not require long walk)
- Has the clearest water compared to the other rivers
- The rapid classes are mostly 2 - 3 and 1 place with grade 4 as it passes through the Dam, suitable for all levels
- Far away from air pollution
- Suitable to combined with adventure or recreational tour packages, such as: cycling, atv ride, elephant ride, etc ..
>> CONS Telaga Waja River Rafting
- Some river area have a shallow water.
- A long journey to the river location from south Bali, where most guests in bali stay. It isabout 2 hours drive from kuta to river location
>> Click here to see the details and book Telaga Waja Rafting
So, which one is better between rafting in Ayung river or Telaga Waja river is depending on your personal needs, both have advantages and disadvantages, so now it's up to you to choose.
If you want a longer rafting track and do not want to walk in long stairs, then Telaga waja river you should choose. But if you want a more challenging rapids, better scenery, and do not want to spend a long time in the car, then Ayung river is right for your bali white water rafting.
For your information: We have tried all the rafting operators we offer on this website, and continue to monitor regularly by our own team and through our customers feedback. so your feedback is very important for us to keep the accuracy of the information we serve. Whatever feedback you provide, we really appreciate it.